Happy Holidays! What a year 2018 has been, and 2019 is just around the corner! The Board of Directors at the Howell Foundation is working on lining up great speakers, is reviewing amazing research topics from our scholars and continues to see the results of our CEI seed research grants!
We couldn’t have done it without you! Your continuous support was fundamental in making a difference in women’s health research:
- 16 undergraduate research scholarships
- Two graduate nursing research scholarships
- Four educational luncheons
- Our evening “Health and Happiness” event
- Our pilot grant for assisting with the reproductive health of the East African women refugees in San Diego county and
- Our newest initiative, assisting with enrollment of women research subjects in clinical trials (the first being the WISDOM Trial addressing diagnosis in breast cancer)
With your support, you have advanced research regionally at UCSD School of Medicine, USD Hahn School of nursing, SDSU, CSUSM and throughout the CSU system. Through the Foundation’s scholarship program, you have helped to launch careers in medical research! And you have played a role in an outreach program designed to educate women, making them better healthcare advocates for themselves and their families.
In November, we sadly said goodbye to the woman who inspired us all. Now, more than ever, we are determined to continue a legacy started almost 25 years ago. We do it as a celebration of her work and in recognition of the many lives she touched. 2019 is poised to continue making a difference in women’s health research.
And for all that, we thank you!
Happy, healthy holidays from the Board of Directors! May 2019 be the best year yet. We’ll see you next year!
The Doris A. Howell Foundation for Women’s Health Research has been dedicated to keeping the women we love healthy by making a long-term, positive impact on women’s health. It is the premier organization advancing women’s health.
The organization does so by:
- Awarding undergraduate research scholarships and graduate nursing research grants to scientists researching issues affecting women’s health;
- Presenting the latest medical research findings at our events and t hrough our Speaker Service progam, where experts and researchers convey timely timely information on topics relevant to women’s health and the health of their families,
- Funding research initiatives geared towards improving the health of under-served women and increase awareness and advocacy in the community; bringing women’s health research to a full cycle.