Last Updated: July 17, 2019
The Doris A. Howell Foundation is committed to protecting privacy. In support of this, we only use personal information in accordance with the terms outlined below. By using this website, you agree to the privacy practices described in this policy. If you do not agree or do not understand these practices, you can choose not to use this site.
We respect privacy and are committed to protecting personal information of our donors, supporters, and website visitors.
Personal Information We May Collect
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Job title/role and other business related/professional information
- Information you provide when you apply for a grant or scholarship, participate in one of our programs, or make contributions
How We May Collect Information
We may collect personal information from the following sources:
- Information you provide when you use our website
- Information you provide us via forms, applications, surveys or online fields, such as when you subscribe to our updates or register for an event
- Information you provide when you communicate with us by telephone, email or in person.
- We may also collect information about website visitors (such as IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web site addresses) in order to assess and evaluate our methods of outreach and the functioning of our site.
How we Use and Share Personal Information
We may use or share Personal Information for the following reasons:
- To periodically send updates about the Foundation, the blog and events
- To help fulfill a transaction you request, such as a donation or registration for an event
- For our record-keeping, audit and compliance purposes and to comply with the law.
We do not share personal information with other companies for direct marketing purposes.
News and Updates
- If a site visitor chooses to subscribe to any of our electronic emails through the sign-up forms on our site or while making a donation, the Foundation requests contact information such as name and email address. This information is stored in our files for the sole use of Foundation.
- To unsubscribe, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to Third-Party Sites and Social Media
This notice does not apply to any third-party sites that may be accessible from our sites, including social media sites. Your interactions with these sites are governed by the third parties’ applicable privacy notices, statements, or policies.
We use security measures to protect our website, email and mailing lists. These measures include technical, procedural, monitoring and tracking steps intended to safeguard data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction. Please keep in mind, no data transmission over the Internet can be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
We do not knowingly interact with or collect personal information from children under 13.
The language that follows is what will be published on the website:
Updates to this Policy
Updates to this Policy will be published periodically at this site. We encourage you to visit and review this policy in order to stay informed.