- Heart Disease is the #1 killer of women
- Heart Disease is more deadly to women than all other cancers combined
- It is estimated that one woman per minute will die of heart disease
- 90% of women have 3 of the 5 key risk factors for developing heart disease
- Almost two-thirds (64%) of women who die suddenly of coronary heart disease had no previous symptoms.
- An estimated 43 million women in the US are affected by heart disease
For this Heart Health Month, be aware of the risks to you and the women you love. Knowing the facts can make a huge impact for a long life well lived.
About the Doris A. Howell Foundation:
The Doris A. Howell Foundation for Women’s Health Research is committed to keeping the women we love healthy, advancing women’s health through research and educating women to be catalysts for improving family health in the community.
The organization does so by funding scholarships to scientists researching issues affecting women’s health; providing a forum for medical experts, scientists, doctors, researchers, and authors to convey the timely information on topics relevant to women’s health and the health of their families through its Lecture and Evening Series, and by funding research initiatives that will create women’s health awareness and advocacy in the community.
For more information about the Doris A. Howell Foundation, please visit www.howellfoundation.org.